Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Time is Money

I think everyone has heard this phrase before. But, what do people mean when they say time is money?

I  look at time this way: we were given a certain amount of credit on this, but we cannot recharge it. You know; like one of those prepaid cards. Wal-Mart allotted me about 40+ hours to make $1600/month to live on. In Korea, when it is all said and done, I make a decent living, but every second is more precious than the last. I have to use those seconds responsibly; especially if I only have 30+ hours of free time per week. This is why I read a lot instead of partying or squandering money endlessly.

I do eat out; because I consider a cheap meal at a fast food place more worth my time, than slaving over a kitchen stove for 2-3 hours. What I am saying is, lately I notice I have been getting sucked into pointless debates. Is it fun to join them? Yes. Do they accomplish anything? Probably not. Am I losing  money? Absolutely! Because time is money! I could spend that time off the Internet doing something contructive like solving world hunger or finding a cure for AIDs. :-O

 Or better yet, meeting real people and having real social interactions. Think about that.... Peace~