Friday, March 25, 2011

Investing Does Take Work

Here I am, up at 3:18am getting my blog on like I'm in a marathon. It is 3:18 in Korea and it is my Friday. Not really sure why I am doing laundry at this time, but maybe its just because I can.

There are Americans both here and in America that ask me why I have so much money. I am not rich, I am not wealthy, but I am well off in a sense that I am not living 2 paychecks away from the street. I closed that chapter of my life and I am not returning there. Anywho, I wanted to make this response.

On my LinkedIn Account, I am a member of the UNR Alumni group and there was this post that talks about hard work when investing. My response to that is this: read the post; the man's right! Think about it: how are you going to invest if you have nothing to invest with? You need something people! Money, education (always an asset), time, whatever. I mean seriously!  I met a Hagwon working married couple that just got done living in their car. They went to a foreign country to work because it was a step up. I think it is only a momentary escape considering the honesty of hogwans, but that is for another blog. Anyways the craziness in the economy right now should have people on their toes.

Take me for example: I did not leave Wal-Mart and pursue my dream until I had enough money to do so. I liked Sam's Club, but did not want to retire with a 9-5. I wanted to learn another language along with the adventure and excitement. Like I said, this blog is completed as far as I am concerned, but I will add things here and there  because a blog is always a work in progress. It was originally written by Draco Capital Management. Read it here. I would say ultimately, you need to work and order to invest and you need to invest in order to have a reason for working! They kind of go hand in hand like PB and J.