Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Electronic and Vacation Promo at Sam's Club

Well while I try not to talk to much shop, (Who am I kidding; I talk shop all the time;)) I have to say if you are in the mood to get an HDTV or Blu-Ray system for the bedroom, maybe just want to a fantasy cruise or Hawaiian trip, Sam's Club is offering to give $100 purchase on each one of these selections in order to stimulate spending during the recession. While Wal-Mart Inc. Has a fairly healthy stock portfolio during the recession, that does not mean that Rob Walton is in his ivory tower.

Also the politics that shape Sam's club is beginning to become a bit shaken up. Lee Scott longtime CEO of Wal-Mart has stepped down due to strategic changes during the recession. Mike Duke is now going to be the CEO of Wal-Mart. This leaves a lot of questions for a lot people. What does that mean for the holders of WMT stock. Rest assured, according to his background, he has an in-depth knowledge in supply chain management and logistics. Plus Lee is not really going anywhere. He is simply stepping down to do a committee position for Sam's Club. Lee has been with Wal-Mart for roughly 30 years and has been CEO for 9 years.

I just wish they would demo some video games at my Sam's Club. I really would like to see some Fallout 3 or some Street Fighter 4 demos. We can play Alvin and the Chipmunks 8 hours straight, but we cannot play any Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Maybe it is for the best, because I would be playing some GH instead of zoning or merchandising. but I would also be able to become better at guitar.