Sunday, December 7, 2008

HTML, Skills and Valuable Resources

After five exhausting hours of messing around with the features and almost losing simple editing privileges from my own absent mindedness, I have come to the conclusion that I will have a better chance at playing around with scripts, if I knew more about HTML. For those of you that don't know HTML (hyper-text modeling language), it is perhaps one of the most useful languages of web editing and also eccential for creating revent content that stands out. While there are many critics out there that says that XML will usher in a new web era.

I beg to differ: one most of the apps on MySpace, Facebook, and other social networking sites like OkCupid and Tagged still use html for web design combined with Java Script. Knowing this it gives way to good quality flash programming and some programming with even 3D Studio max. Note: Blogger itself uses html in the user interface for having user being able to flesh out their own piece in the web enterprise. I have to say that this is going to be one of the most influential times in blogging history as the rift between html being "obsolite" and XML being the best thing since sliced bread.

If someone was to ask me how I felt about html five years ago, I would have said that it is not as useful as say Python or C++. But after messing around with html in my own life, I have come to a different conculsion that html will be able to shape entrepenuerialship along with XML. To be in a camp of faved programming though is like trying to use a gun without bullets. Looks intimidating, but doesn't give way to potentcy. These days programming polyglots are the ones that rake in the cash. If anyone wants to do any raking of their own, they need to know what skills are needed for their own desire.

Knowing those skills in a time of recession is king in order to thrive. When I say skills, I mean rare skills that are high in market demand. For example, I know Japanese, Merchandising, and a bit about economics and stock trading. I know that during a recession there are not going to be winners. There are going to be people who thrive and people who survive.

Another way to survivng is to invest in scares resources like gold and silver. If you have a couple of ounces or none at all. Do not fret because this is your time to shine. The best thing to do is get into investing before the market swells. Gold is expected to project to an estimated $2K in the next five years. Now do you want to be the one with the hole in the bag or the one who comes out smelling like a rose?